[RC5] [ADMIN] Lists, Lottery, and Stats

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Tue Mar 17 09:06:36 EST 1998

While we are in this transition period, effectively without a moderator
for this list, please take a little extra consideration before posting
to the list and ask yourself if the message really is on-topic and
necessary.  The past few days have seen many threads stray quite far
from the topic of the list and we're rapidly approaching the point
where the list becomes unwieldy and useless to everyone.

DCTI will never host a lottery such as the one described earlier.
The end.  Consider the topic closed.   Irrespective of the fact that
I personally find the concept distateful, the bottom line is that we
have ample opportunity for growth without adding the complexity and
questionable legality such a scheme entails.

There's some new stuff in the stats, look and enjoy.  It is very much
a work in progress yet, so hold off your suggestions for a few days
while everything falls into place.  Odds are, the feature you'd like
to see is already on my list.  I can't take full credit for this one,
though, the pretty graphics are a Bovine invention.  :)

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net