[RC5] Speed.

Paul "Froggy" Schneider pxs3 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Mar 17 12:34:07 EST 1998

RC5 does not utilize any floating point operations, therefore, a translation
to FLOPS (FLoating point Operations Per Second) is not only impossible, but
irrelevant.  Considering the multitude of different platforms the client
runs on (some without floating point co processors!), it would be equally
pointless.

Of course, there is the argument that "teraFLOPS" and what have you is
nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

There are far better ways to measure performance.

Paul "Froggy" Schneider
pxs3 at po.cwru.edu