[RC5] PII-233 - real power ????

Paul Ross paul at pilat.com
Tue Mar 17 18:11:53 EST 1998

The monitor isn't the issue at all here - what people are saying is to
/replace/ the screen saver with the monitor on/off button.

If Sean were to leave his screen saver active and turn the monitor off, he'd
suffer the performance loss anyway. What (I hope!) he, and everyone else is
doing is to disable the screen saver, or choose the blank one. If you're
worried about screen burn out, then hit the monitor power switch.

Modern monitors don't suffer from screen burn anymore. I just leave mine on all
night :)

Rossy