[RC5] Win32 GUI vs NT Service

Ian Lennard Ian.Lennard at trimble.co.nz
Wed Mar 18 08:48:54 EST 1998

Hi.
I'm running the win32 gui client on my NT workstation at work, and I was
wondering if there was any reason why I should run the NT service client
instead. Is there any major speed difference, something to do with
priorities?
(Note that I'm the only one who uses the computer and I never log off.)

I run the gui client because every now and then I like to bring up the
stats and see how it is going. I also sometimes perform manual
fetch/flush. The gui client makes this much easier to do.

Comments?

Ian.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net