[RC5] My impatient cohorts

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 17 22:55:02 EST 1998

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Joe Zbiciak wrote:

> One machine I use here at work used to run eXceed under Win95 so that I
> could work on the Suns.  If I didn't reboot the machine every couple of
> days, I would be well over 48MB into swap.  I was only running eXceed,
> and within eXceed I was only running Netscape and xterms on the Sun.
> Granted, Netscape causes X servers to use more RAM, but I've never seen
> it cause an X server to require 50+ MB.  As it turned out, closing
> eXceed did not release the memory--Win95 was hogging it.  Patching up
> the TCP/IP stack did help though.

Well, could you point us to the URL where to get those patches?
Win95 and NT, although I think the hotfixes-postsp3 fixes all known
bugs. But I'd like to know where to get win95 patches....

Ivo

--
| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | elektron.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/   | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |

  Part of the world largest computer!
  http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net