[RC5] Pb: rc5 client w/ proxy

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 17 23:06:42 EST 1998

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Nicolas Perotin wrote:

> I'm trying to install the latest Win32 GUI client on windows 95, with a
> socks proxy.
>
> I used to configure older version without any problem.
>
> Now I can't go though the proxy, and I get this error:
> "Network::Open Error 1 - sleeping for 3 seconds"
>
> My configuration:
> keyserver: rc5proxy.distributed.net:2064
> proxy: jupiter:1080 (my usual proxy config)

First of all, you better not use the round-robin DNS rc5proxy, but
rather a specific proxy (rc5proxy points to all proxies out there)
Try "rc5proxy.llamas.net" or better "207.158.223.217", it's address.
BTW, the roundrobin now is us.v27.distributed.net

And you DID configure the client for HTTP networking did you?

Ivo

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net