[RC5] Speed.

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:48:11 EST 1998

     Nope.  TFlops has been a large-scale computing goal for some time.
     Some problems are less intractable with that kind of computing.  For
     exmample, reliable weather forecasting can now be as long as fifteen
     minutes.  (Okay, I'm a little jaded.  I live in Oklahoma USA where,
     "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.")  It's a big
     numerical simulations box.  The MIPS were pretty huge as well, but
     the long-standing goal was 1 TFlops.  I suppose 1 PFlops is next
     (but what will the bus look like?...)
                CIS delenda est!