[RC5] NCPFS and Linux

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:39:12 EST 1998

     I'm trying to share buffers from a NetWare server to a new Linux
     box.  Linux 2.0.33 in Caldera OpenLinux Lite 1.2, attempting to
     compile ncpfs-2.1.1.  The ncpfs builds always fail.  IPX and NCP
     support were turned on the last time I built the kernel.  No errors
     were detected (by me) during the last kernel build.  The ncpfs build
     generates *many* redefinition warnings, but displays no errors.
     Despite this ncplib.o and thus ncplib.so.1.0 do not build.

     I'd like to have this machine able to share the in-buff and out-buff
     on our fileserver, but don't seem to be able to do so.  Any help
     getting this machine into the D.Net effort would be appreciated.  I
     encourage direct response, since this isn't entirely on-topic.  If
     there is any interest, I can post a summary of the resolution(s).
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
                CIS delenda est!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net