[RC5] Block reassigment

Jim C. Nasby nasby at enteract.com
Tue Mar 17 18:56:20 EST 1998

There has been no RC5-64 key reassignment to date. We switched from 0x64 to 0x66 at the
beginning of DES so that there was no possibility of contaminating the work we had done if
there was a problem with the 2.7 clients.

Keep in mind that each subspace still has 2^56 keys in it. At our current rate (~13GK/s),
it will take just over 2 months to exhaust a sub-space.

Mooo!
dB!