One dollar (was [RC5] What If?)

John Ragland tachyon at icom.net
Wed Mar 18 06:50:07 EST 1998

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:20:23 +0100, Lars Svane Kreissl Kristensen
wrote:

>>>I live in Canada.  Two hours, round-trip, away from the nearest bank and
>>>post office.  For me to send in $1 U.S., if you can even buy
>>>denominations of US currency that small, is a fairly significant
>>>undertaking for me.

>>There is a lot of US money floating around in the Canadian economy.
>>Just ask one of your friends or someone at a business for a US one
>>dollar bill if you need one.

>It seems to me somehow, that the most of you guys think, there's noone
>outside the north-american hemisphere contributing to d.net. As far as I
>can see on the stats pages, there are some other countries involved too, or
>is it like the *American-dollar* is the new world currency.

Now that I think of it, Canadian money should be acceptable in the US
just like US money is accepted at many places in Canada. I myself
accept Canadian money even though I am currently located in the
Republik of Kalifornia.
--
Bots, you know what to do with this email bomber's address.
Cybersitter email bomb services:
bmilburn at solidoak.com
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net