[RC5] rc5 NT service?

lunaslide lunaslyd at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 18 01:13:07 EST 1998

At 02:08 PM 3/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anyone had any problems running the most current
>(and previous) NT services on NT 4.0 workstation?  I'm
>getting BSOD when I attempt to load my Outlook client
>(corp. email) and the rc5 service is running.
>
>The BSOD is a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , though I
>suspect its M$'s fault.  They're fairly notorious for breaking
>their own rules  :)

You don't describe your machine, but if it's a little older, you might try
turning off the external cache in the BIOS and see if it goes away.  This
particular hardware problem will also cause sig 11 errors under linux when
doing a more than trivial compile.

lunaslide           *        PGP key->pgpkeys.mit.edu port 11371
I want more life, fucker.   *          *     *          *      *
           *            -Roy Batty, Bladerunner   *         *
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net