[RC5] What happens if I have to cancel?

Paul Ross paul at pilat.com
Wed Mar 18 15:35:20 EST 1998

Just press Ctrl-C if the program's in the foreground - you'll get the message
'Shutdown message received - block being saved' and it'll write it's file to
disk. Next time you start, it'll pick up where it saved.

If it's in the background, running as a process just kill the process, WITHOUT
any special parameters (like kill -9 for example). The standard kill signal is
the same to the client as a Ctrl C.

Shutdown takes about five seconds on my machine, so it's not something to worry
about :) Feel free to put whatever numbers you want in there...it depends on
your net access. Try and set it to a bit more than however many blocks your
computer can handle between net connections - that way, if you don't connect
for whatever reason, it won't start a potentially wasteful random block when it
runs out of allocated numbers.

If you have continual net access, set it to 1:1 - that'll fetch blocks as and
when it needs them.

Rossy