[RC5] I do not understand...

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Wed Mar 18 11:58:04 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:12:24 +0200 (EET), Kalle Tuulos wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, David McNett wrote:
>> While I have no way of knowing what your question was, I do know that
>> it's standard policy to ignore all inquiries to rc5help if they are
>> already covered in the FAQ.
>
>My question was (and still is): I have appx. 280 completed blocks in my
>out buffer, but when I try to flush them I get an error message:
>"Buffer File Error 31" . How can I rescue my blocks and what does this
>error message mean?
>
>	- kalle -

Currently, the rc5help at distributed.net is split between myself and another person.  I just searched all through my rc5help
inbox and historical messages, and was not able to find your message.  Either both messages didn't get sent to me, or
never arrived at distributed.net.  Either way, there is no answer.  There is no way to fix corrupted buffers files.  Just delete
it and go on.  As to how the buffer got corrupted?  That's for you to answer.  I've been running the client in its various
incarnations for almost a year now, never having a single corrupted buffer; it seems that corrupted buffers are usually
caused by faulty file sharing systems or system crashes.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net