[RC5] Poll Results to date

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Wed Mar 18 13:01:11 EST 1998

Thanks to everyone who has sent me responses so far. Just in case people
are wondering how this works, I'm simply adding up all the results in Excel
and calculating percentages from there (I'm too lazy to do it by hand... :)
). All the voting EMails are being saved in a special mailbox so I can go
back and count them again in case I loose the data for some reason. Any
answers that aren't a clearcut yes or no (it depends doesn't work), I'm
asking the voter for clarification on, and all those blank "lotteries are a
bad idea" emails to the list are being ignored completely.

So with all that in mind, I'm wondering where the supporters of the lottery
disappeared to... Pending a few clarifications, things currently stand like
this:

1. "Do you think it is a good idea for Distributed.Net to ask for
contributions
from its users in order to have a larger prize for the eveuntal winner of
Rc5-64?"

No: 100%

2. "If such contributions were required to participate, would you participate
in Rc5-64?"

No: 100%

3. "If such contributions were optional, but required to have a chance at
winning the larger prize, would you pay a contribution of $1 US?" ($1.41
Canadian, 128 Yen, you get the idea..),

No: 100% (altho I sent out asking for clarification on one response)

4. "Do you think that a larger prize for the winner would boost membership in
Distributed.Net contests?"

Yes: 33%
No: 67%
(again, I asked for clarification on on response for this one)

I'm still taking votes most happily, so anyone who has not voted yet please
feel free to EMail me with your responses to those 4 questions.
--
"In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is
the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grinds and

- Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

Chris

http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net