[RC5] I do not understand...

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Wed Mar 18 14:09:05 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:16:04 +0200, Kalle Tuulos wrote:

>Hmm... I got an automated answer saying that my question was arrived.
>And I can find the message I sent from my mail server's log:

Hmm... I don't know what happened then.

>> As to how the buffer got corrupted?
>
>I ran the client in 9 hosts sharing one buffer file over NFS. Then I
>moved buffer files to other host by rcp and updated/flushed them from
>it. I used this arrangement for abt. 3 weeks but one day the client
>performing update/flush said "Error 31".

ack, NFS seems to not like the file sharing method use by the clients much... we're working on a new file sharing
mechanism which will hopefully fix this in the future... in the meantime, (if you are able to do so), you may wish to try to use
a personal proxy to buffer blocks.  As long as it is properly shut down before the copy, personal proxy buffers CAN be
moved to other personal proxies for flushing/fetching.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net