[RC5] Chance of "the" key being in faulty buffer

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Wed Mar 18 17:46:03 EST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:25:40 -0500, Martin (format) wrote:

>Keyspace is split into 56-bit blocks, each block is cleared and made sure that
>all keys
>have been checked before the next 56-bit block is started.

Actually, it's more like when we have a reason to.  The 0x64 subspace was never finished, we'll probably be going back and
finishing it in a month or two... either way, with rc5-64, you don't have to worry about the time it takes you to return a block
(within reason.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net