[RC5] Porting to Atari?

Lord Somnolent sleepy at os.com
Fri Mar 20 22:34:09 EST 1998

Greg Ackerson wrote:

> Would it be possible to port the client to an Atari 8-bit? If so, how much
> memory would be required? If not, how about a 16-bit?
>
> The source is in C, right?
>
> -GAck

And while we're at it, lets make a client for a Commodore VIC-20. You
know, the computer that needs you to be physically present to press
buttons on the tape drive so work can be saved?

Virtually any sort of program can be ported to other platforms with
sufficient effort, the question is how much of a return will be
generated from the effort creating an Atari client versus a client for a
supercomputer cluster. So the Atari and lowly VIC-20 are low, or not on,
the list of clients to be developed.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net