[RC5] Porting to Atari?

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Sat Mar 21 12:12:07 EST 1998

Jim C. Nasby (nasby at enteract.com) wrote:

> If you want to try compiling the core for Atari, go ahead, but unless you have
> a network of a couple thousand of them, you won't be seeing a port because
> frankly, it's just not worth the effort (you're looking at maybe 1 28 bit
> block per day).

Heh, dream on!  My 386 takes just under 12 hours to do a 28-bit block.
I recall that someone on the #rc5 channel (which is now #distributed)
had a Mac Plus (68000-based machine) that took about 3 days for a 28-bit
block.  The Atari ST is slightly faster than the Mac Plus, so you should
be able to crank out 28-bit blocks a little faster than the Mac Plus.
The Atari 8-bit will probably need a couple weeks per 28-bit block,
at least.

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge at kellnet.com
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."   |   http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net