[RC5] Porting to Atari?

Gandalf Gandalf at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 22 00:04:48 EST 1998

At 06:41 PM 3/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>While everyone has been talking of porting to an Atari, I had an idea.
What's wrong
>with the 286.  I've got one that I haven't turned on in almost a year, and
I'm sure
>others are in the same situation.  Would it be even slightly feasible to
make a port
>to these dinosaurs we all used to have(or still have, as door stops!)?

IMHO, a 286 would be a better port than an Atari, as it wouldn't be a
problem at all to leave my monitor stand running 24/7. Just have to
remember to grab the buff files with a floppy every couple
[days/weeks/months] =)

Although I do know the 286 is a 16-Bit Processor, if everybody had thiers
on, I'm sure we could get a decent keyrate out of all of them combined, and
make up for the processor with the oddles of 640K RAM everybody's has!

However, I think a PalmPilot port would take higher priority.

		-Gandalf
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net