[RC5] Porting to Atari? (and other systems)

John "Chris" Wren jcwren at atlanta.com
Sun Mar 22 15:57:42 EST 1998

	I don't know exactly what type shift instructions the code is
wanting to make use of, but the SH/3 that's in the majority of the
PDAs supports single instruction shift by 1, shift by 2, shift by 8,
and I think a shift by 16.

	We use 29.6 megahertz SH/2 in a remote access server we've
announced at Hayes.  It has 3 of them, plus an PPC-860 at 40Mhz.

	 We've joked about embedded the RC5 code in it, and whenever
it detects a route to a keyserver, it would grab a block.

	If anyone comes up with a port to an SH/2 or SH/3, I'd be
interested.

	- Chris

---
John "Chris" Wren, KD4DTS
jcwren at atlanta.com
770-945-8288 (H)
770-840-9200 x2417 (W)

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net