[RC5] dates in e-mail notifictation from clients

Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser EWENSELL at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Tue Mar 24 08:11:01 EST 1998

=> I have a question, why do the dates for the email use the first date in
=> the log was created for the date of the email?  It seems that according
=> to RFC-822 it should be using the date/time the message was created.

=> This is especially frustrating for those of us that have multiple
=> computers running RC5 processes in the background and have them email
=> us the stats every 10000 log lines or so.  It really screws up the
=> sorting on my inbox, when I receive a message dated from three days
=> ago.

Have you tried to see if you can tell your E-mail client to display messages in
the order they were received and not in the order they are dated?

Until soon...
Ed Wensell III
Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos

      Solway Road = 40MPH  |  Pellissippi Parkway through Solway = 45MPH
         I-40/I-75 from Campbell Station to Strawberry Plains = 55MPH
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net