[RC5] Registry

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Tue Mar 24 21:45:03 EST 1998

At 01:52 AM 24/03/98 , you wrote:
>After searching through my Windows registry on an unrelated matter I
>discovered two entries for rc5des. They are listed below:
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServic
>
>es
>
>Is it necessary to have two Startup entries for the Bovine client? If

What those two do is perform different functions. One of them will start up
the
client when Windows is sitting at the Login screen, then when you actually
login, the other one runs the client normally. Both are required to have the
client always running when Windows is.
--
"In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is
the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grinds and

- Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

Chris

http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net