[RC5] NT Service

Wed Mar 25 08:02:17 EST 1998

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:31:31 +0100, Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:

>My boss has very kindly upgraded my computer to a snappy 333MHz Pentuium
>(nothing to do with the Bovine effort), which means that I now have
>nearly four times as many clock cycles to throw at distributed.net. Of
>course, I now have to re-install all the software that I had accumulated
>over the years, including our favourite, the rc5 client.

Reinstall!?!?

Why would you want to do that!?

Just pull the hard drive from your old system, move the current hard
drive in the new system to "slave" mode and plug in your old hard
drive as Master.  Flip o' the power switch and you are off!

I always move my old hard drive to a new system.  It saves sooo much
time.

Another trick:  Fdisk the new hard drive to leave a half a gig or so
of space free at the start of the drive and leave it blank.  Then
when a new version of your OS comes about, install it into the blank
space so that you can boot manage into Old or New until you are
comfortable with New.   This can be very useful when you discover
that WordWaker V4.3 does not work under WunderOS V7.6 only V6.8

Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You know that you are drinking
too much coffee if: