[RC5] DES-II question

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Thu Mar 26 12:19:15 EST 1998

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Marc Sissom wrote:

> Petr Novotny wrote:
> >
> > I was just curious - how many "false positives" were there during
> > DES-II contest? (I hope this information is not classified...)
>
> I bet it is classified since the number is directly related to the
> number of plain/cypher-text that are tested on each key.

Classified? Why? I don't see a reason. The number of
plain/cypher-text that are tested on each key must be simple to read
off from the sources, and those are not secret. They're on
http://altern.com/rguyom/ as linked from the rc5 homepage.
Maybe Remi could give us the answer, so we don't have to dig into the
code.

Ivo
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net