[RC5] Trouble with SOCKS5 firewall and rc5des client

Andy Sparrow andy at aonix.com
Thu Mar 26 17:22:54 EST 1998

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting 2.7017.399 to talk through a SOCK5 firewall.

I'm trying to use the multi-threaded version on FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE
(which works great with a direct connection).

(The web page says 2.7017.400, BTW, but the client reports itself as
build 399).

Here's the appropriate part of my .ini file:

firemode=5
keyproxy=us.v27.distributed.net
keyport=2064
httpproxy=<SOCKSHOST>
httpport=<SOCKSPORT>
httpid=
uuehttpmode=4

I've tried replacing us.v27.distributed.net with the IP address of a
"close"
keyserver - but that isn't the problem.

Using 'netstat', I can see that the client is attempting to open a
connection
to a keyserver directly - which it can't, of course.

Nothing I do seems to persuade it that it should go via the
SOCKS server,
but I think I've got everything that the FAQ mentions.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please Cc me if you reply, I don't think my 'subscribe' request took
yet..

TIA,

Regards,

AS