[RC5] Linux ....

Tomasz Glowacki tglow at box43.gnet.pl
Fri Mar 27 09:01:04 EST 1998

Hi !

On 24-Mar-98, Joe Zbiciak wrote:

>I've been running the Linux client for awhile now.  So have many, many
>other people on this list.  :-)  Also represented are *BSDers, AIXers,
>and a number of other *nix'ers.  (Heck, I also use the Solaris client!)

>We'll get you set up.  :^)

 >Could you tell us a little bit more about how you're set up?  For instance:

>-- Version of the RC5 client.  This is important, since there are some
>   versions which aren't as stable.  (Some of the mid 2.700x rc5des clients
>   had problems switching over from DES to RC5.)

I just have installed 399 build (i was looking for 400 but i found nothing on
d.net ftp)

>-- Which CPU core was selected.  It may be a subtle interaction problem.
>   Who knows?  When you're trying to chase a strange crashing problem, it's
>   always good to have the relevant facts.

I have selected Pentium II , Pentium Pro core .

>-- How you are running the client.  (eg.  "In its own directory from my
>   user account."  "As root from /etc/rc.d/rc.local from /usr/rc5."
>   "From /etc/inittab as its own user-id."  etc.)

I'm running it on my user account , on screen.

>-- Anything else that might be important, including log file snippets if
>   you have any.  (Try to keep the log file snippets germane and concise.
>   This list goes to many, many people.)

It will be hard to keep it , because it will show same state i think. It gets
killed after some time (30% , 60% or 70% of the block) without any reason.

I tried to set -quiet parameter and & but it just gets killed . But it is
strange because if i left it on the screen but i will not logout (terminal
will be on) it works fine and it doesn't go killed . Weird.
I tried mt and non-mt versions of the client and nothing. If i'm lucky it will
not get killed but it is doing nothing. Freezes for hours.

Greetings
Tomek

--
         TomeQ (Tomasz Glowacki)