[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #179

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Thu Mar 26 10:44:02 EST 1998

> By optimize, I don't mean modifying the code but setting up the ini file
> for best performance under Windows 95 OSR2

 chktime=10  (this is a tradeoff, if the machine is on a UPS you likely
can kick it up more, but has only a SMALL effect on keyrate)

 noexitfilecheck=1 help a little (helps more on floppy-based non-95
systems)

 The BIG difference is to *NOT* set nice=0 - that WILL cause the client
to gradually lose CPU priority and slow WAY down. nice=2 works, and
doesn't noticeably slow the machine down for other usage.

--
 My alt.callahans news server is up and running at 209.100.145.29

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg
 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any