[RC5] New Clients

Ralph Giles Ralph_Giles at sfu.ca
Fri Mar 27 17:06:48 EST 1998

[pproxy connect trouble with the new linux client quoted below]

I'm having exactly the same problem connecting to us.v27.distributed.net --
the US distributed.proxy round-robin. I upgraded yesterday, and the new
client finished processing my inbuf, but then started complaining about
being unable to resolve the hostname and running random blocks. I can ping
the 'host' above, and my old client (v2.7016.399) had no trouble, except
for one down proxy server. I flushed my outbuf, updated, and am back
cracking with the old version now.

This new v2.7017.400 linux client is also the one I mentioned yesterday
claiming it's really v2.7016. Something's clearly wrong with this build,
and I'd recommend linux users avoid it until it gets fixed. Maintainers?

-ralph
---
Ralph_Giles at sfu.ca

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net