[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #179

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Fri Mar 27 17:55:04 EST 1998

At 10:44 AM 26/03/98 , you wrote:
> The BIG difference is to *NOT* set nice=0 - that WILL cause the client
>to gradually lose CPU priority and slow WAY down. nice=2 works, and
>doesn't noticeably slow the machine down for other usage.

Are you sure about this? I've left this box on for days without rebooting or
anything and the client doesn't appear to loose any speed, it just keeps
chugging along at 63kkeys/sec. Maybe there's a patch I installed that fixes it
or something.
--
"In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is
the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grinds and

- Loreena McKennitt: The Book Of Secrets

Chris

http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net