[RC5] New Clients

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Sat Mar 28 19:37:30 EST 1998

'Jim C. Nasby' said previously:

| The clients don't like doing DNS lookups through most proxies. I suggest you
| try specifying the IP of a proxy instead of using the DNS server (use the
| actual IP, not a name).

>From the "truss" traces I made on Solaris awhile back, this appears to be
due to the fact that the client tries to DNS-resolve the keyserver name
on the local machine.  This appears to happen between the first connection
to the key server and subsequent connections.

Perhaps you could pass that on to the coders?

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+
 |- http://www.primenet.com/~im14u2c/ -|      Don't try to make sense.