[RC5] OS/2 Client Update

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Sun May 31 22:37:53 EDT 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998 23:35:30 -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

>It's in the 403 client if I remember what Oscar said correctly.  I'm
>impressed that it recognizes everything that can be thrown at it.  I'll
>have to try our MediaGX based laptop at work.  :)

I added in all of the CPUID codes I could find, the only two that
aren't in there right now are UMC 486 and Nexgen 586 right now.  The
only thing I'm NOT certain of with the current code is which is fastest
for each processor.  As far as I know, winchip/mediagx/etc have not
been tested... if anyone finds that the default core selected for a
certain processor isn't correct, please tell me, and I'll change the
default.

For future reference, www.sandpile.org has a nice chart with all CPUID
codes in it. ;)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net