[RC5] Running on OS/2 without TCP/IP ?

MiltonForté II forte at writeme.com
Fri May 1 01:15:31 EDT 1998

In <893996537snx at warren.demon.co.uk>, on 04/30/98
   at 04:22 PM, leveret at warren.demon.co.uk (Nick Leverton) said:

>After the list came up trumps with my last problem, here's another one :-)

>Several of the machines here are running OS/2 without TCP/IP installed -
>for historical reasons (i.e. the existence of tens of thousands of systems
>out in the field) we use v2.11 or early v3 red-spine with FTP Systems'
>PC/TCP, which is (apparently) compatible with early IBM TCP/IP for OS/2 but
>not compatible with the later TCP32 used in Warp.

>I can share filesystems using PC/TCP's own version of NFS, so I was hoping I
>could run offline and have a separate machine to update the buffers.
>However, I've found the OS/2 native RC5 client won't even run offline,
>because it complains it cannot find tcp32dll.

I remember someone saying that you can just copy that file (and maybe a few
others) to the system  and the client will be happen running with the
-runoffline or -runbuffers options.

--
Milton                                        forte at writeme dot com

               OS/2 Warp V4 - Where I Want To Go Today!
                  http://www.adgrafix.com/info/mforteii/
  Support UNCF! - http://www.eyegive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=553&MID=5780
Written: Friday, May 01, 1998 - 12:15 AM
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.00
Revision 9.028
There are 25 Processes with 129 Threads.
This machine's uptime is 2d 20h 5m 34s 882ms.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net