[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #191

Paul repton at repton.org
Fri May 1 07:34:58 EDT 1998

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Brice D. Fleckenstein wrote:

> > My preferred o/s is Linux but I might consider DOS.
>
>  DOS client running under WFWg 3.11 in a DOS box can be set up to run
> almost exactly as fast as the LINUX client - and that setup only needs
> 20-30 Megs or so of HD, where the LINUX setup needs noticeably more (60
> Megs min at a guess, and more as the various system logs start adding
> up).

you can fit linux into much less than 60 megs. i have a 386 at work i am
using as a samba file server to keep the buffer files on for my rc5
effort, and its 35 meg root partition has over 10 megs free. As for the
log problem - just use crontab to wipe them every 24 hours...

Paul

#-------------------Important-Notice-To-All-Recipients-------------------#
     The entire physical universe, including this message, may one day
collapse back into an infinitesimally small space. Should another universe
subsequently and spontaneously re-emerge, the existence of this message in
                    that universe cannot be guaranteed.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net