[RC5] Win95 GUI lurk?

Karl G - NOC Admin ovrneith at tqgnet.com
Sat May 2 03:23:09 EDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Pardon. I'm running the Win95 GUI client on my roommate's machine, and I don't
> want it to interfere when he goes home for the summer and loses his permanent
> internet connection. I know the command-line clients can use the "-lurk"
> option to only transfer blocks when an internet connection is established; how
> can I get this GUI client to do the same thing?

add lurkonly=1 into the ini file and up the threshold a bit... (that way
if he doesn't connect for a while, the machine doesn't run outa stuff to
do)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Karl Grindley
  ICQ: 2660211
  Pager: nocpager at tqgnet.com
  Network Administrator
  TQG Internet Network
  +1(817)595-1880

----
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If General Motors had
kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be
driving twenty-five dollar cars that get 1000 miles/gal."

Recently General Motors addressed this comment by releasing the statement
"Yes, but would you want your car to crash twice a day?"

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net