[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #192

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Sat May 2 02:15:44 EDT 1998

> i've got 2
> P200MMX's running side by side... one has 80+ user worth of processes
> running 27/7 and i still get a 16% higher key-rate than a single user
> microsoft box.  and not to mention the zero-admin abilities that linux
> provides over DOS. (ie.  telnet?)

 I just switched one K5-133 box from DOS client running under WFWg 3.11
(shared buffer files with the LINUX server box's client) to LINUX - I'm
seeing a 3-4% increase in key rate on this box. Significant enough that
I'm gonna eventually try it on all my other WFWg / DOS client boxes, now
that I know it can be done in less than 60 Megs.

 The Win16 client, on the other hand, is unstable JUNK at anything
resembling a high clock tick setting - or it's SLOW when it is stable.

--
 My alt.callahans news server is up and running at 208.134.79.21

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg
 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any