[RC5] Rack stuffed full of motherboards (follow-up)

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon May 4 23:00:28 EDT 1998

'gindrup at okway.okstate.edu' said previously:

|      Okay, I don't remember ever seeing 72-pin SIMMs as small as 2MB, but
|      you can still get 30-pin SIMMs smaller than that.

IBM used 256Kx36 72-pin SIMMs in some of the early PS/2's.
(Translation:  1Mbyte of memory/SIMM.  Two would give you a Pentium PC
w/ only 2MB of RAM).  You can sometimes find these SIMMs at
swap-meet/ham-fest types of gatherings.

Regards,

--Joe

--
  +------- Joseph Zbiciak ------+
  |- - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - -|   without you, everything falls apart
  | -Texas Instruments, Dallas- |   without you, it's not as much fun
  |- - #include <disclaim.h> - -|   - NIN -      to pick up the pieces.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net