[RC5] More Win95 GUI lurk

Ryan Schmidt berrytech at bigfoot.com
Tue May 5 14:55:29 EDT 1998

I set up my roommate's machine to lurk a few days ago, to prepare for when
he takes it home. But I checked on it yesterday, and it was generating
random blocks, because it said it couldn't fetch more. I manually selected
the "Fetch/Flush" command and it updated without problems.

I'm confused. Lurk is supposed to wait for an open Internet connection
before updating. He's still on ethernet, so his Internet connection is
always open. Why wouldn't the client detect this? How can I guarantee that
it will actually work when he's at home using PPP?
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net