[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

Karl G - NOC Admin ovrneith at tqgnet.com
Wed May 6 13:10:16 EDT 1998

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Barry Wright wrote:

> LIFO? Is this true?
> If so there must be some blocks at the bottom of my buffer which have been
> festering there for weeks.
> Why is it designed this way?
> regards,  Barry

that's a good question... i asked a similar one before and didn't really
get the answer i was looking for... ;)  one would think dupage would/could
be decreased by using a FIFO technique.  I probably have blocks that are
close to 3 months old on some clients.

this brings up another question.... are the Proxy servers LIFO or FIFO??
i hope FIFO.... i keep a 1000 key buffer... i know it can go weeks
before completely getting emptied. (usually takes a network outage)

  Karl Grindley
  ICQ: 2660211
  Network Administrator
  TQG Internet Network