[RC5] New Clients

Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser EWENSELL at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Thu May 7 09:18:47 EDT 1998

=> I guess I'm going to keep asking every month or so.
=> Do we ever get a new

=> 	rc5desXXX-linux-alpha...

=> Supposedly there is a new core out there that's 50% faster
=> than the one that is presently available.

Here here! I would LOVE to have a new Alpha client that ran at least as fast as
the Win95 client does emulated on my Alpha...

On my Alphastation 255, the native client only get's aroun 80Kkeys/sec. The
Win95 client under FX!32 gets around 180Kkeys/second. Imagine if it were
possible to get out from under the emulator.

I'm beginning to think the emulator has access to few undocumented CPU
features...

Until soon...
Ed Wensell III
Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos

 <zap>Whoops. That wasn't supposed to happen.</zap> - HTML, Technician version
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net