[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Thu May 7 11:09:38 EDT 1998

Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> It was designed this way because most operating systems don't readily
> support FIFO files, and LIFO is much easier to impliment from a coding
> standpoint. Have no fear, v3 will be FIFO... :)

If I understand what v3 is all about, it should have nothing to
do with what storage structure the coder decides to implement for
any client. For that matter, v3 should allow me to develop a
"distributed stack" project which is pretty much by definition
a LIFO buffer. It could then be used to provide storage for any
other purpose including keybuffs for rc5 clients...

The local storage methods used should have nothing to do with v3,
if v3 is still basically a secure communications protocol with
some additional features added.

Your v3 rc5 client might be FIFO, but that does not mean that
mine has to be. Otherwise, v3 has some bizarre limitations.

--
Marc Sissom                       http://www.dnaent.com
Design Engineer                     voice: 972/644-3301
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net