[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

C. Smith csmith at nikondev.com
Thu May 7 11:41:06 EDT 1998

PM said:

>that's a good question... i asked a similar one before and didn't really
>get the answer i was looking for... ;)  one would think dupage would/could
>be decreased by using a FIFO technique.  I probably have blocks that are
>close to 3 months old on some clients.
Why? It takes less processor time to do it LIFO. That's good enough for
me.

I will suggest that from time to time (every month or so) you might want
to be
sure to flush out all your blocks. No one else will receive your blocks
to do
for (at this point) at least a month after you get them so every month is
often
enough with some safety margin.

Charlie

Niko-developers - Where there is no such thing as idle time
Give your brain something to do during idle time
Check out our Question of the Week at:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6569/niko.html

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net