[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Fri May 8 00:13:24 EDT 1998

Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> The fact that you have a pproxy raises an interesting point that I forgot to
> mention. If you set the client for online operation (vs lurk or offline), and
> set the in and out buffer size to the same numbers, you will never have stale
> blocks. And yes, the pproxy is FIFO.

hummm... trying to keep all this straight...

i'm running a pproxy with settings 40/5 and my 4 clients are running
10/10... how will this effect my keyrate and/or my returns? i was
thinking that keeping 40 in the pproxy inbound gives me enough for each
client one time around. with the setting of 5 for the pproxy outbound,
i'll be returning any waiting to go back whenever a client returns at
least 5...

am i offbase somehow?

--
          _o    Bike       o_          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
       -- <,_   Collider  _,>  --      mailto:wkitty42 at alltel.net
     --  _>(_)  Project  (_)<_  --     ftp://ftp.wplace.dyn.ml.org
    --  (_)                 (_)  --    http://www.wplace.dyn.ml.org
                                       telnet://bbs.wplace.dyn.ml.org
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net