[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #195

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Thu May 7 11:27:17 EDT 1998

> linux will be faster for just about anything you do....
> recompile with only the stuff you need.... (also spesify your processor)

 Oops - correction, the K5-133 I changed to LINUX was previously a DOS
under floppy box, 3-4% increase.

 I just swapped a K5-166 from DOS under WFWg to LINUX and saw less than
a 1% difference - though it WAS an increase.

 I likely will eventually swap most of my boxes over to LINUX anyway,
more for the ease of server upgrades when I'm not sharing buffers with
one machine than any other reason.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net