[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Fri May 8 10:55:34 EDT 1998

waldo kitty wrote:

> hummm... trying to keep all this straight...
>
> i'm running a pproxy with settings 40/5 and my 4 clients are running
> 10/10... how will this effect my keyrate and/or my returns? i was
> thinking that keeping 40 in the pproxy inbound gives me enough for each
> client one time around. with the setting of 5 for the pproxy outbound,
> i'll be returning any waiting to go back whenever a client returns at
> least 5...

The setup will work fine. What I have done is set up each client
to in-buff enough to last a couple of hours in case the pproxy
box goes down. The pproxy in-buffs enough for all of it's clients
to last a day, if the external network goes down. The clients
out-buff just one, so they actually use the extras in the in-buff
only if the pproxy or the local net dies.

So what if they are stale(re-issued) blocks, from three months ago?
BFD. I cheer. That means my pproxy is a reliable, stable machine.
My local net never experiences outages. Yah! Life is good. With a
reliable network, I am not going to spend my free time purging old
in-buffs, I'm going to go to my daughter's softball game instead!

> am i offbase somehow?

Nah, people in general just have too much interest in dupes, stale
blocks, randoms and bla bla bla. Most of which has no real influence
on the outcome rc5-64 project. Nothing against thinking mind you,
I just think that there are a lot of other things that I'd rather
think about ;-)

--
Marc Sissom                       http://www.dnaent.com
Design Engineer                     voice: 972/644-3301
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net