[RC5] Hiding the NT service client

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Fri May 8 04:13:12 EDT 1998

On Thu, 7 May 1998 00:11:21 -0400 (EDT), John Vozza wrote:

>> 4)The machines are running NT Workstation and are sitting on my/engineers
>> desks - idle 90% of the time not doing critical work.
>
>Its your call, its your job...
>
>> 5)I just can't resist all those Pentium II's.
>
>Life can be so unfair at times!
>
>[rest sniped]
>
>Please dont feel I'm telling you what to do. Its your call. I do believe
>you are making a big mistake that the organiziers here mostly likely would
>NOT support.
>
>John

people asking "how'd this rc5desrv.exe program get on my server."  As standard policy, I lead them through the steps for uninstalling
the program.  So, to agree with John, distributed.net will NOT support you if you are clandestinely installing the client.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net