[RC5] Which subspaces are being assigned now?

Dave Avery cwax at pacbell.net
Fri May 8 21:55:44 EDT 1998

On Fri, 08 May 1998 17:27:22 -0400, Justin Cave wrote:

>I'm looking at the 3 clients I'm running right now, and they've just
>been assigned blocks from the 0x64, 0x65, 0x68, and 0x6A subspaces.
>The 0x64 and 0x68 blocks make perfect sense to me, but I'm confused
>as to why the proxies are handing out blocks from the 0x65 random
>subspace and the 0x6A subspace at the same time.
>----------
here's the story:

last night  the master ran out of keys in the 0x68 space at about 08:00 gmt while we
were all asleep. about 30 min later the proxies started running out of stored keys.
As designed the proxies started generating random keys in the 0x69 space. this
morning we switched to the 0x64 space , and the master started generating keys,
Unfortunately the load the proxies created returning all the blocks coming back plus
the proxies were demanding blocks to refill their buffers faster than the master could
generate then so we were issuing keys in both the 0x64 and 0x65(random) spaces. to
let the system catch up we started the 0x6a space....

the keymaster is getting a new disk drive and NIC this weekend

dave

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net