[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Sun May 10 03:48:51 EDT 1998

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Paul West wrote:

> Ryan Anderson wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be smart to have a separate buff-out for each
> > block?
>
> No!   I sure don't want 1000 separate files in any directory.

Okay, for each active block?  (Store non worked upon blocks in the
standard buff-in, as each block is worked on, break it out into a separate
file, when it's finished drop it into a buff-out.  This gives you much
faster block turn around time, and lets each local collection of computers
work in much the same fashion as the overall project..)