[RC5] RC5- Conflicts with UPS.EXE in NT

Peter A. DeNitto denitto at llamas.net
Tue May 12 12:38:27 EDT 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Bruce D. Meyer wrote:

> I noticed my Server's UPS.EXE pegging out at 100% after I installed both the
> GUI, then uninstalled that and installed the NT Service version or RC5. I
> appears to be a dependency thing. UPS.EXE does not peg out, after
> uninstalling the RC5 software. I am running NT4, SP3. Has anyone else ever
> experienced this and know of a work around? I was forced to remove all the
> software to keep the network running smoothly. I would like to put it back
> on, along with two other computers. Along that line:

Hrm, More than likely it's the UPS software.  I remember having to keep
track of Powerchute's nice wonderfully buggy UPS software because after a
certain amount of uptime, it would peg the cpu.  Also realize that there
have been several warnings about DoS'ing and killing UPS monitoring
software.

--Pete

--
Help Crack Government Encryption - Join the Bovine Project: www.distributed.net
The cows are tromping all over America. Cows can replicate. They're
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net