[RC5] LIFO? Is this true?

Jim C. Nasby nasby at enteract.com
Tue May 12 23:31:53 EDT 1998

Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:<snip>

> Look at an implementation:
> http://lists.distributed.net/hypermail/rc5.Apr1998/0107.html and see
> that Jim C. Nasby says it has been noted (which I take to mean that it
> will be in the next version of the client).

No, it means that it's been noted... :) Don't expect any buffer format
changes before v3...it would make everything currently out there completely
incompatible if we messed around with the buffer files at this point, so it
will almost certainly wait until v3. There are other reasons why it most
likely won't make it as well. While it would be nice to have FIFO client
buffers right now, I don't think it's worth the effort required to make that
a reality before v3 comes around.

Moo!
dB!