[RC5] Dupes

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Tue May 12 08:48:19 EDT 1998

> > The last time Daa posted stats on our dupe rate, I believe that
> > something like 40% of the blocks returned were dupes, mostly from old 2.64
> > clients.
>
> Yeah, I still haven't figured that one out. Why would old
> clients preferentially be producing dupes?

 It is an error in reading the stats - the 40% figure was actually
"appx. 40% of all dupes are from 2.640x clients" - NOT "40% of the
blocks produced by such clients are dupes".

 From what I remember of the actual total stats, well under 1% of all
blocks were dupes on that day.

--
 My alt.callahans news server is up and running at 208.134.79.21

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg
 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any